To enter the lyrics of your songs that you have published on Playary, follow the steps below:
- Go to the website https://www.playary.com and log in with your artist account.
- Once logged in, go to your artist profile.
- Click on the "Releases" tab in your artist profile.
- Locate the album that contains the song for which you want to enter the lyrics. Click on the "Update" icon at the end of the album row to open the album detail page.
- On the album detail page, click on the "Songs" tab to list your songs.
- Find the row of the song for which you want to enter the lyrics. Click on the "Update" icon at the end of the row to open the song detail page.
- On the song detail page, click on the "Lyrics" tab.
- If you have previously entered the lyrics, they will be displayed on the page. If you haven't entered the lyrics before, you won't see any lyrics on the page.
- To add or update the lyrics, click on the "Open Lyrics Editor" button to open the lyrics editor.
Now, let's proceed to the next steps for entering the lyrics and synchronizing them with your song.
Step 1: Enter the Lyrics
When the editor opens, the "Lyrics" tab will be selected by default. Click on the section that says "Write Your Lyrics Here" and enter the complete lyrics of your song.
When entering the lyrics, keep the following in mind:
- Enter the lyrics line by line.
- Include all repeated sections in the lyrics.
- Do not copy and paste the lyrics from Word, PDF, or other files.
- You can leave blank lines for instrumental parts. You can mark these sections later when synchronizing the lyrics with your song to inform your listeners.
After entering the complete lyrics, click the "Save" button in the top right corner of the editor to save the entered lyrics. Once you save the lyrics, they will be visible on all Playary applications, and your listeners will be able to see them.
Step 2: Synchronize the Lyrics
To synchronize the lyrics with your song so that your listeners can see them line by line while the song is playing, follow these steps:
- In the top section of the editor, click on the "Sync" tab. If you haven't uploaded the song file for your song before, you will receive a prompt to upload the music file. Upload the music file for your song and reopen the lyrics editor.
- After uploading the music file, the "Sync" tab will list the lyrics you previously entered in the "Lyrics" tab.
- Each line of the lyrics will have a "Start of Lyrics" marker at the beginning and an "End of Lyrics" marker at the end. The "Start of Lyrics" marker indicates the start of the lyrics, and no timing is required for it. The "End of Lyrics" marker indicates the end of the lyrics, and you should select it after the last line of the lyrics.
Note: Even if your song is not finished yet, you should mark the last line of the lyrics when it ends.
Start playing your song before you begin synchronizing the lyrics and to enter the timing for each line, use the keyboard's "down arrow" key or click the button with the "down arrow" symbol located bottom middle section of the editor. Pressing the "down arrow" key will select the current line and indicate the timing in the left section of the selected line. It will automatically select the next line.
If you missed the timing for the start of a line, don't worry. Each line has plus and minus symbols to adjust the timing. Use these symbols to adjust the timing and click the "Play" button on the line to play the lyrics from that point.
If you entered the timing incorrectly for a line, you can clear the timing for that line. Click the "X" symbol at the beginning of the line to clear the timing and enter it again.
Once you have synchronized the lyrics for all the lines, click the "Save as Draft" button in the top right corner of the editor to save your progress as a draft. After completing your work, click the "Publish" button to publish the synchronized lyrics.
That's it! Your synchronized lyrics will be available on all Playary applications for your listeners to enjoy.
Some important notes:
- After synchronizing your lyrics with the song, avoid updating the lyrics directly. If you want to make changes to the lyrics, you should resynchronize the updated lyrics with the song and then publish them.
- To edit your synchronized lyrics, navigate to the "Sync" tab. In the top right corner of the editor, click on the button with three dots. From the dropdown menu, click on the "Edit" button. This will allow you to make changes to the previously synchronized lyrics.
- If you are not satisfied with the previous synchronization and want to start over, go to the "Sync" tab and click on the button with three dots in the top right corner of the editor. From the dropdown menu, click on the "Start Over" button to begin the synchronization process from the beginning.